By 2040, there will be billions of household energy assets connecting to the grid.
Our mission is to accelerate the energy transition for a green and sustainable future. Customers are consumers, producers and storers of energy. We help utilities and households to enrol appliances in new energy plans to empower customers and help the planet.
Challenges faced by households
Energy costs are increasing and tariffs are changing
The cost of energy is increasing, energy tariffs are opaque, complex or hard to understand and reducing energy use is hard work.
Little visibility and control over their energy use
It's hard to know how much energy is being used and by what, and tracking energy spend between bills is difficult.
Making the most of their energy resources and appliances
Resources like rooftop solar, batteries and electric vehicles are expensive. Getting a good return on investment is important.
Challenges faced by utilities
The Decentralised Energy Problem
Managing and transacting with the billions of customer-owned assets that are all using, producing, and storing energy differently.
Meeting hyper-personalised customer expectations
Managing grid complexity in a way that delights customers and achieves service efficiencies, transparency and scalability.
Achieving system emission targets
Managing problems with excess solar, real-time price arbitrage, and transitioning to a low or zero-carbon grid.
We help customers who want to reduce their energy spend, want convenience and want to help the environment. Village Energy also supports energy providers in offering new energy products and services.
01. Help save on energy spend and access rewards
03. Easy and low-cost ways to automate appliances
02. Get more control and transparency over energy use
04. New energy plans allowing appliances to participate in the energy system
05. Reduce carbon emissions and make the most of your energy resources
06. See your energy use by appliance and view savings
ENERGY UTILITY BENEFITS
Grid complexity is an increasing problem the world over. We now have a suite of solutions that can be bundled and configured to tackle different variations of the problem.
01. Managing high energy demand
02. Managing problems with excess solar
03. Alternative billing via microtransactions
04. Increasing the grid’s capacity for solar
05. Helping households to reduce carbon
06. Tools to help households save
Our software can be supplemented with our proprietary IoT devices. They maximise the benefits available to utilities and can be bundled with services to meet the specific needs of the utility. They are also available to households to help automate energy appliances to reduce spend, provide convenience and make the most of renewable energy and time-of-use tariffs.